Online OUPV / Six Pack Captain's License Course
Confident Captain brings you the tools to study for your USCG Captain's License right from the comfort of your own home on your own time.
How Online Courses Work
- Book your course and pick your examination date and location
- Order your course materials online via Amazon or local Marine retailer
- Start digging into the module by module instruction
- Sign up for virtual office hours if you need them
- Come to a live prep day before your examination (additional tutoring and exam prep days available for extra cost)
- Book and take your exam!!
About the OUPV / Six Pack Captain's License:
The US Coast Guard Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) license allows the holder to act as an operator of any uninspected vessel up to 100 Gross Tons. These vessels are limited to carrying six passengers for hire which is why this license is often referred to as the “Six-pack”. An example of an uninspected vessel could be a small charter boat or a small assistance towing vessel such as those operated by Safe/Sea.
The Confident Captain/Ocean Pros OUPV curriculum calls for 56 hours of classroom or online training, as required by the US Coast Guard, in lieu of the Coast Guard exam.
Upon successful completion of the Confident Captain/Ocean Pros OUPV course and in-house examination, a course completion certificate will be issued to the student.
The student can then use that certificate to obtain his/her OUPV license from the US Coast Guard. No testing with the US Coast Guard will be necessary.